We provide a caring and friendly atmosphere for each child and their parents and carers with the help of specially qualified staff to look after each child’s particular developmental needs.
We aim to enhance the development and education of children by providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment to build your child’s confidence and independence in preparation for them starting school.
We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
- We work on a one-to-one care ratio per child when required to help develop the child’s learning and social needs to their full potential.
- We have a fully- equipped multi-sensory room which is part of a tailored framework leading to approved learning outcomes, along with specialist toys, equipment and outside space.
- We provide quality learning experiences to help all children to develop to their full potential. Activities and the use of play equipment offer children opportunities to develop. Opportunities are given to help children to explore, acknowledge and value similarities and differences between themselves and others.
- All children are encouraged to express their needs and make choices by talking, pointing, eye pointing, use of Picture Exchange Programme and Makaton signing.
- Management and staff are sensitive and supportive in order to help your child to communicate their needs.
- We work hard to ensure our parents feel involved with everything we do at the centre, and provide a room for them to meet and talk to other parents during their child’s sessions.
- We provide and arrange specialist help from professional bodies such as physiotherapists, speech therapists, clinical psychologists and occupational therapists.
- We arrange courses for parents⁄carers, all offered free of charge. If there are any particular courses you are interested in, please let us know. Previous courses include MAKATON signing, positive parenting, baby massage and first aid.
- Our school liaison service assists parents in making well-informed choices. All families will have access to this service. We will help to make the transition into any other setting a child attends as smooth and stress free as possible. This includes visiting potential settings with families, liaising with their staff regarding targets, inviting them into nursery (with your permission) in order for them to observe your child and to discuss their development so that they may obtain as much information as possible in order to provide for them in their setting. We will also help to settle your child into a new setting, where needed.